Sunday 19 August 2012

Skeletized leaves

This is my first experience in skeletization of leaves, due to this it may not look perfect. I used the leaves of the Sacred Fig tree or it is also known as Bo-Tree.  I have applied a number of different methods to do it, and spent quite a few months, but still could not rub off all the flash of the leaves properly. I was boiling them with washing soda for 2 hours, I tried to microwave them with soda and hard brew of green tea, and finally I just kept them outside soaked in that liquid. To my mind, there was one fact I had not taken into account I should have used fallen ugly looking leaves, but instead I was selecting the most good looking and fresh ones.
Here are some more photos, though may not be very nice, because I was not patient enough to wait for the daylight and took them late in the evening immediately after ironing them.



I am collecting such dried leaves and flowers for some crafts like scrap booking or oshibana which I am so willing to try but as of now have no time to learn them.
And some more pictures...




No comments:

Post a Comment

See Also :

Some of the related post